Click to learn how to draft cover letter for a particular advertisement!
Resume/ CVs are accompanied by a cover letter which is a brief and concise response to the advertised job. A proper presentation of cover may create eagerness while the opposite may cancel the candidature.
It helps recruiter to judge your professionalism and it is advisable to keep in mind following tips while writing a cover letter:
- The cover letter should be customized to its employer’s requirements i.e. key skills, experiences, and qualifications.
- Analyse the advertisement and research the employer’s expectations from the job and pick the necessary key words from it into the cover.
- Make it short but effective. It should create an excitement in the employer’s mind to read your CV.
- Sell yourself; present your profile like the most suited one for the advertising job.
- Do not use single cover to apply for all the jobs you are looking for. This helps employers to judge your seriousness towards their organization.
- Use good quality paper to print the cover letter and CV. Use of photocopies is strictly prohibited.