Remember that the First impression is the last impression. Therefore, here are some guidelines to be followed during the interview:
- Be punctual: Arrive before the scheduled time and wait for your turn
- Shake hand properly: When introduced to the interviewer, have a firm, but not painful, handshake with a pleasant smile. Repeat the same actions after completing interview too.
- Eye contact: make eye contacts when you talk with the interviewer, don’t look at other places.
- Posture: Have good posture when sitting or standing. Don’t behave in a loose manner or put hands on the table.
- Confidence is the key: stay relaxed and calm while entering the interview room and interacting with interviewers; remember, don’t be overconfident.
- Be optimistic: behave optimistically in the interview don’t talk about any negative activity.
Closing an Interview
At the end of an interview, it is good to ask the interviewer when they will take a final hiring decision or what will be the next step of the hiring process. It’s a smart idea to ask the interviewer for a business card to follow up for the results of the interview. Shake hands with the employer and again ensure them how your qualification and skills match the job and you will do your best in this. If your interview was good enough you can ask the interviewer "Is there anything else I can answer for you to make a hiring decision?" In the end, give thanks to the interviewer. Once you returned home, send a thanks email to the interviewers.